- I/We hereby appoint Urban Studies to conduct a study as provided for in the Proposal
- Once the Proposal is accepted, you understand that Urban Studies will incur costs and proceed to do the report and therefore cannot be terminated without being liable for the costs as provided for in the quote
- You will be quoted on a project.
- The quote will contain the payment or portion of the payment required from you.
- The remainder of the quote, if any, will be payable within 3 days after receipt of the report.
- Should you fail to pay any amount due and payable, you will be handed over for further legal proceedings, you will be held liable for 9% interest from the date of the completion of the report until date of final payment as well as legal fees on an attorney and client scale.
- Should you be a juristic person, the person/s whose signature/s appear/s on this acceptance as representing the juristic person hereby specifically bind/s himself/themselves as surety/ies and co-principal debtor/s for payment of all monies which may now or in the future be due and owing by Applicant to the Company
- I acknowledge that the address as provided in the proposal, including the email address, will serve as my domicilia citandi et executandi for the purpose of service of any notices, the report and legal proceedings.
Confidentiality and Intellectual property:
- The report provided will remain the intellectual property of Urban Studies Close Corporation and may therefore not be sold or otherwise distributed by you or any person employed by you.
- During the period of this Agreement and subsequent thereto, you will keep confidential and will not make use of, directly or indirectly, and will not disclose any of Urban Study’s trade secrets or confidential information including, but not limited to data, plans, drawings, systems, methods, software, processes, business affairs, marketing information or financial information other than to persons authorised by Urban Study to have such information for the purpose of their employment with you.
Breach and Jurisdiction:
Notwithstanding clause 13.1 above, either party may terminate this Agreement at any time with immediate effect by giving to the other (“the defaulting party”) written notice of such termination if:
- the defaulting party is, other than for the purposes of reconstruction or amalgamation, placed under voluntary or compulsory sequestration or liquidation or under judicial management or under the equivalent of any of the aforegoing; or a final and unappealable judgement against the defaulting party remains unsatisfied for a period of 14 (fourteen) days or more after it comes to the notice of the defaulting party;
- If you commit a breach of any of the provisions of this Agreement and such breach is a material breach, the Urban Studies will be entitled to cancel this Agreement with immediate effect, without prejudice to such other rights as the aggrieved party may have at law.
- Any termination pursuant to the preceding provisions of this clause will be without prejudice to any claim either party may have in respect of any prior breach of the terms and conditions of this Agreement by the other party.
- This Agreement will be governed construed and take effect in all respects in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa and you agree and consent to the jurisdiction of the North Gauteng High Court in the event of falling outside of the boundaries of South Africa.
- Urban Studies CC is hereby indemnified and held harmless for any damages whatsoever caused by the use of the report or the contents therein.
- For the sake of clarity, no party will be held liable for any consequential damages whatsoever by the other party.
- No variation and/or alteration of this document will be valid unless it was reduced in writing and accepted by both parties.
- I agree that by accepting this proposal I will bind myself, and the juristic person, to these terms and conditions.